Grapes were like candy to me when I was a child; certainly the most delicious and favorite fruit.
Grapes and their nutrients:
Health Benefits of Grapes:
- Prevents blood clots because grapes increase the nitric oxide levels in the blood.
- Prevents the oxidation of LDL cholesterol because of the antioxidants in grapes.
- Prevents migraine when taken early in the morning
- Prevents Constipation as they contain organic acid, sugar and cellulose
- Relieve Indigestion
- Prevents fatigue
- Replenishes the iron content present in the body
- Boost your immune system.
- Reduces the work pressure of kidneys
- Concord grape juice helps in preventing breast cancer
- Resveratrol, a beneficial polyphenol present in grapes reduces the levels of amyloidal-beta peptides in patients with Alzheimer’s
- Enhances brain health
- Stall the onset of neurodegenerative diseases
- Prevents the age related loss of vision or macular degeneration
- Prevents cataract
- Bring down cholesterol levels because of a compound called pterostilbene
- Prevents the absorption of cholesterol
- Protect you from infections
- Strong anti cancer properties due to the anti-inflammatory effect of resveratrol present in grapes. It is particularly effective in colorectal cancer and breast cancer. Anthocyanins and proanthocyanidins present in grapes have properties of an anti-proliferate and can inhibit the growth of cancer causing agents.
YUMMY GRAPE SMOOTHIE
– 2 cups almond milk
– 1 apple quartered and cored
– 2 bananas sliced
In blender combine all ingredients and blend until mixture is smooth.
For more smoothie recipes look here: http://wp.me/PVu4Q-WU